Safety is one of our core business functions. We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that, all our aviation activities take place under an appropriate allocation of organizational resources aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting regulatory requirements while delivering our services.
All levels of management and all employees are responsible and accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety performance, starting with me, the Managing Director of Buddha Air.
Our commitment is to:
- Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources and actively manage safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management systems of the organization;
- Establish safety as an enduring value of the organization and to ensure that management of safety is a primary responsibility of all managers and employees;
- Clearly define for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the organization's safety performance and the performance of our safety management system;
- Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards and to achieve continuous improvement in our safety performance;
- Ensure that no disciplinary action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, gross negligence or a deliberate or willful disregard of regulations or procedures;
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed regulatory requirements and standards;
- Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes;
- Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training , are competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills;
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets;
- Continually improve our safety performance through constant monitoring, measurement, regular review and adjustment of safety objectives and targets and their diligent achievement;
- Ensure externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety performance standards; and
- Ensure that SMS is integral to all our aviation activities, with the objective of achieving the highest levels of safety standards and performance.