On April 18, 2012, our hangar was officially inaugurated making Buddha Air only airlines in Nepal, and a few in South Asia to have a state of the art closed door hangar facility. Built at a cost of US$2.5 million in 2012, it occupies an area of 37,000 square feet at the Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA).
- We are the only airlines to have an international standard hangar, equipped with maintenance facility, certified as part 145 Aircraft Maintenance Organization from Civil Aviation Authority Nepal (CAAN).
- Since our hangar is located at TIA, it allows for safety inspections and audits to be performed in Nepal, rather than being flown abroad for maintenance.
- We have a modern and up-to-date hangar facility that allows for carrier maintenance, and we are also recognized to maintain aircrafts for national and international airlines.
- Maintenance works like the installation of Multi-purpose Computer (MPC) and Weather Radar Model Primus 660 in 9N-AJS aircraft, “C” checks of ATR Fleet, 12 year inspections and 36000 cycle threshold inspection of ATR, scheduled maintenance of up to I Checks, and 200-hour detailed inspection are performed at our hangar.
- We have aircraft spares inventory worth US$ 9.3 million in international standard storage facilities.
- 60 % of Buddha Air's employees work at the hangar.
- Our hangar can accommodate an Airbus 320 or Boeing 737 in the 15500 square feet ground floor area.
Hangar Facts And Figures
- The ground floor houses the Workshops, Technical Stores and Base Maintenance Offices in an area of about 8,000 square feet.
- The first floor consists of fully facilitated Technical and Operations Departments, a meeting room for 16 persons, central server room in an area of about 6,000 square feet.
- The second floor has an in-house canteen for 48 persons who can have meals at any given time, one meeting room for 16 persons, one classroom for 45 persons, which can be divided into two if required, one library each for Operations and Technical Department and a dormitory, where technicians can rest if they have late night maintenance.
- Ground Handling Division, Security Division, Human Resource Division and General Service Division offices are also located here.
- For safe and smooth operation of our fleet, we have aircraft spares inventory worth 9.3 million US Dollars in international standard storage facilities.
- International standard fire fighting system
- The hangar is certified as part 145 Aircraft Maintenance Organization from Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (equivalent to EASA 145 organization). Also recognized to maintain aircrafts for other national and international airlines.
- Our Hangar Construction Project won the IPMA Excellence Award in 7 October 2014
- We had a certificate of approval as an Approved Maintenance Organization by Civil Aviation Authority Bangladesh
- On 10 August 2018, we conducted major base maintenance of Yeti Airlines' ATR fleet at our hangar.